All tiers of Australian government are investing in Revitalising Central Geelong.
A partnership comprising of officers from state departments and agencies and the City of Greater Geelong has been established to implement the plan.
Here is a breakdown of how federal and state governments are investing in this project:
The Federal Government has committed:
• $20.85 million towards Revitalising Central Geelong through the Geelong City Deal, including:
– $12 million towards the Green Spine (blocks one and three)
– $5 million towards streetscape upgrades within the Arts and Cultural Precinct
– $3 million towards Geelong Railway Station upgrades
• $2.65 million in incentives for Deakin University’s affordable student housing in the T&G building
• to locate the National Disability Insurance Agency headquarters in central Geelong.
The State Government has committed:
• $15 million to fix stormwater infrastructure at Johnstone Park, create new laneways connections and bus infrastructure
• $5.5 million to deliver early stages of the Action Plan
• $3 million to deliver the first stage of the Green Spine (block two) and the Laneways Project
• funding towards the Green Spine (block one and three) through the Geelong City Deal
• $1.7 million towards the Johnstone Park raingarden
• $850,00 towards the redevelopment of central Geelong’s iconic T&G building
• to locate Worksafe Victoria headquarters in central Geelong.